Staff training in Legal Status of Brigades, Unincorporated Associations and Brigade Insurance / Finance is being rolled out across Queensland
Wednesday, 22 May 2019
As an outcome of the Review of the Legal Status of Brigades Project, RFS State Office is currently undertaking workshops called “A Series of Conversations” in all RFS regions, with as many staff as possible.
The goal of the workshop is to discuss and inform staff regarding the Legal Status of Brigades and many of the key topics that were raised as part of the consultative process.
The schedule for the workshops is as follows:
|Thursday 16 May 2019||South East Region||Windaroo|
|Tuesday 21 May||North Coast Region||Surfair - Sunshine Coast|
|Thursday 13 June||South West Region||Toowoomba|
|Tuesday 25 June||Far Northern Region||Region to advise|
|Wednesday 17 July||Central Region||Region to advise|
|Tuesday 30 July||Northern Region||Townsville|
|Early July||Brisbane Region||To be confirmed|
Some of the main topics for discussion / workshop sessions will include:
Legal Status of Brigades
- Unincorporated Associations
- Relevant Legislation
- Rural Fire Brigades under the Act
- Brigade Awareness sessions
Brigade Insurance / Finance
- Brigade Money, State Money, Council Money, Social Clubs
- Brigade Assets and portable and attractive register
- QGIF, Self-Insurance, Work Cover, Public Liability
Membership and data capture
- Response rate
- Ongoing BAU updates – Area Office role
Brigade Management, Resources and Engagement
- Bona fide brigade activities
- Brigade closures, amalgamations and classification reviews
- Support Area Offices can provide to brigades
- Brigade Engagement
As part of this process RFSQ State Office will also be talking with staff about the best way to engage with volunteers/brigades to ensure awareness of the topics outlined above.
An information package on the rights and responsibilities of Rural Fire Brigades is being developed between the RFBAQ and the RFSQ and will be distributed to brigades in the not too distant future.