Click below to download an Application for RFBAQ Grant Funding.
As we update our grant form from time-to-time, please ensure you are using the most up-to-date version.
Guidelines for Grant
- The Applicant / Brigade must be a registered Volunteer / Rural Fire Brigade in the State of Queensland.
- The Applicant / Brigade lack the ability to raise funds due to small community numbers (low income from Levy), hardship or other similar circumstances.
- Applications are for the purpose of allocating grant funds to Brigades. Grant monies paid to Brigade’s are to be used for the purpose as stated in the approved application and are not to be used for any other purpose / purchase. Failure to use these funds for the intended and applied purpose will result in the Applicant / Brigade having to repay said monies.
- The Applicant / Brigade should provide a primary reason for the application including the benefits it will provide the volunteers and the Brigade community.
- The total requested grant funding amount should include GST.
- All applications must be signed by the Brigade’s 1st Officer and Secretary.
- Brigades are limited to one successful application every 2 years.
- On receipt of the application the Brigade will receive a letter acknowledging the grant and any requests for further information if required. The receipt letter will also advise the Brigade of the date of the next Management Committee Meeting where the grant may be tabled.
- After the grant has been tabled at the Management Committee Meeting, the Brigade will receive a letter from the RFBAQ advising them of the outcome of their application.
- The Brigade is required to request their supplier issue the RFBAQ with a tax invoice for any and all grant items. The RFBAQ will not raise purchase orders, and will not deposit funds into a Brigade account. Please ensure your supplier can issue the RFBAQ with a tax invoice. We cannot pay on quotes or similar. We cannot pay part invoices, or invoices made out to a brigade. Ensure your supplier will honour any special pricing afforded to your brigade.
- Where relevant, the RFBAQ may request press coverage or publicity for approved grant funding applications. The RFBAQ also reserves the right to use the grant approved Brigade/Volunteer for marketing or promotional purposes.
- When all monies have been paid to the suppliers for the approved grant funding, the RFBAQ will write to the Brigade notifying them that their grant is finalised and closed and no further grant funding will apply to that application.
- Once the grant application is closed and finalised, requests for additional grant funding will require a new grant application to be completed and the grant application process shall start from the beginning.
- RFBAQ grant application will not be valid once the quote/s provided has/have expired or after 12 months from the grant application approval letter date.