Brigade applications for the RFBAQ FusionCruiser opens.
Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022
This will be the 12th fully funded fire truck that the RFBAQ has given to Rural Fire Brigades in Queensland in the last 2 years.
Both truck brigades and non-truck brigades can apply.
Brigade applications will be evaluated at the RFBAQ General Meeting in May 2023 and applications that meet the criteria will go into a ballot. The ballot will be drawn at that meeting.
The successful brigade will receive the vehicle at the final RFSQ Volunteer Summit in June 2023.
As with all the other vehicles the RFBAQ has gifted to brigades, the vehicle will be owned by the brigade with RFSQ very kindly supporting the brigade with fuel, maintenance and insurance.
How can I apply?
1. Have a brigade meeting and vote on wanting to apply.
2. Contact your local RFSQ Area Inspector and RFBAQ Representative.
3. Meet criteria of brigade with no truck, or a truck brigade with late model light / medium attack to swap.
4. Work with your local RFSQ Inspector in completing OBM -143 (this allows consistency and fairness in applications and negates best story writers getting the vehicle)
5. Submit completed application to your local RFBAQ Representative.
6. Applications close April 30th 2023.
Explanatory notes –
If the brigade drawn out of the ballot is a truck brigade, then that brigade will trade their good condition, late model light or medium attack for the FusionCruiser. This trade will then be allocated to the most worthy non-truck brigade.
Which is the most worthy non-truck brigade will be evaluated by the RFBAQ State Executive at the General Meeting in May.
What is a FusionCruiser? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiNCekro_uI&t=1s
How do I contact my local RFBAQ Representative - https://www.rfbaq.org/reps
For queries please contact Justin on 0428218507 or email email@example.com