Ever considered standing as an RFBAQ Elected Representative?
Wednesday, 8 Mar 2023
2023 is an election year.
The RFBAQ will soon be mailing a nomination pack to the secretary of every Rural Fire Brigade in Queensland.
Here are the prerequisites to nominate.
The Nominee will have:
- Held or be holding a position on the Management Committee of a Registered Rural Fire Brigade for a continuous period of not less than four (4) years. This would include the elected/appointed positions of Fire Officer, Brigade Training Officer, Fire Warden, Chairperson, Secretary or Treasurer.
- To be/have been active in matters affecting the welfare and efficiency of Rural Fire Brigades and their Volunteer Brigade Members at Shire or District level.
- A demonstrated knowledge of the operations and functions of Rural Fire Brigades within that RFSQ District.
- A demonstrated working knowledge of meeting procedure.
- A demonstrated ability to work positively within a committee system, which would endeavour to provide outcomes that would ensure positive benefits for Rural Fire Brigades and their Volunteer Members in the safe performance of their duties.
- A demonstrated ability to provide commitment to the work and aims of rural fire and effective transference of information to the brigade members they have served.
Completed nominations, including nominee’s resume, must be returned to the RFBAQ in Gympie by no later than Monday, 22nd May 2023.
For further information, please contact the Returning Officer on 0428 218 507 or email firstname.lastname@example.org